RED is a challenging and selective PhD program for highly talented students with an advanced MSc-level background in Economics. Courses and supervision are held by world-renowned scholars in a stimulating and international research environment. RED offers:
- intensive specialized courses, workshops and reading groups
- tailored supervision and tutoring by leading researchers
- four-year scholarships, plus a one-year extension for star students
- possibility of an exchange semester in selected economics departments
- an international faculty and interaction with world-class visiting scholars
The first year of the program is devoted to a sequence of advanced courses that would give students an overview of frontier research, and allow them to select their area of specialization. These courses are offered mostly by resident faculty, plus some visiting researchers.
Students are required to present regularly their research in internal workshops, to discuss frontier research in reading groups, and attend seminars.
After the first year, students will also have the opportunity to sign up for teaching or (paid) research assistantship positions.
Placement opportunities range from policy institutions (central banks, governments, international organizations) to the international academic job market.